The next 24 hours will make it pretty easy to head into an election year knowing what our elected officials stand for.
Republicans in the State Assembly will attempt to pass revisions to a voter ID law that will make it even more difficult to vote. The measure is transparently aimed at making it harder for citizens who are more likely to vote Democratic to vote. Previous efforts have been blocked in court, so Republicans will make another try to get around the law.
At the same time Assembly Republicans are expected to resist efforts to force a vote on redistricting reform, a bill they have refused to even grant a hearing.
As we said, by the end of Thursday we'll know which elected officials care about good government and democracy, and which do not.
- Image copyright 2017 Getty Images. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Surprising facts about Madison you might not know
- Capitol Neighborhoods: The heart of the city
- Regent: An area with unmistakable energy
- Tenney-Lapham: A residential hotspot
- Marquette: One of the nations '10 Great Neighborhoods'