WISC EDITORIAL AGENDA 2013 – OUR CLIMATE
The editorial agenda for 2013 we're rolling out this week is about issues we have in common. It's about what we share. It's about issues that should unite us but tend to divide us. It's about Our issues. And the first is Our Climate.
Our climate – the only one we've got by the way – is changing. We believe science has proved conclusively the climate is changing because we humans have allowed too much carbon to build up in the atmosphere. We are already seeing the effects in more severe weather and temperature extremes. In not reversed the results will be catastrophic. We have to change our behavior and our policies.
There are many reasons to be concerned. National security experts for example now say climate change contributes to political instability in the world. Yet too many, especially in government, refuse to even acknowledge climate change. So we start there. We WILL talk about Our Climate in 2013. And tomorrow we will talk about Our Schools.
- Image copyright 2017 Getty Images. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Surprising facts about Madison you might not know
- Capitol Neighborhoods: The heart of the city
- Regent: An area with unmistakable energy
- Tenney-Lapham: A residential hotspot
- Marquette: One of the nations '10 Great Neighborhoods'