WISC EDITORIAL AGENDA 2013 - OUR CLIMATE - DANE COUNTY ACTION COUNCIL
We placed Our Climate atop our editorial agenda for this year to draw attention to two especially important pieces of the discussion – the first being the now irrefutable science of climate change as fact, and second, efforts to reverse it. Dane County executive Joe Parisi's creation this week of a county Climate Change Action Council responds to both.
The mere existence of the council and its mission of making sure county government is prepared for inevitable weather extremes send a compelling message of the seriousness of the issue. But even more important is Parisi's required analysis of how effective county-led efforts to reduce greenhouse gas emissions have been to date. That accountability is something we need at every level of government, business and consumer use. Acknowledgement and action: exactly what we had in mind.
- Image copyright 2017 Getty Images. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Surprising facts about Madison you might not know
- Capitol Neighborhoods: The heart of the city
- Regent: An area with unmistakable energy
- Tenney-Lapham: A residential hotspot
- Marquette: One of the nations '10 Great Neighborhoods'