Clearly State Senators Tim Cullen and Dale Schultz calling for reform of Wisconsin's politically fixed system for redrawing Congressional and legislative districts every ten years isn't going to change any minds on the issue. Two of the most reasonable and ethical members of the legislature were deemed too moderate by their colleagues long ago, and then relegated to the sidelines of their caucuses. Likewise the reasoned and experienced voices of long-time Republican strategist Bill Kraus and former GOP Assemblyman Dave Martin will be dismissed by those who really care only about feathering their political nests rather than clean and honest governing.
But the simple fact the four men took the time this week to together make the case for redistricting reform in Wisconsin is reason enough for us to highlight and praise their efforts. The number and volume of such voices are growing and slowly but surely the importance of reform will attract enough attention from citizens demand change.
- Image copyright 2017 Getty Images. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Surprising facts about Madison you might not know
- Capitol Neighborhoods: The heart of the city
- Regent: An area with unmistakable energy
- Tenney-Lapham: A residential hotspot
- Marquette: One of the nations '10 Great Neighborhoods'