WE THE PEOPLE WISCONSIN – YOU BE THE JUDGE
We The People Wisconsin is once again offering a chance for citizens to question the candidate for Wisconsin Supreme Court. As has become part of the tradition of the roughly 20 year old civic journalism project, We The People partners have recruited citizens to question the candidates in a debate setting this Friday evening at the Wisconsin State Bar Center in Madison. We've gotten a look at some of the questions and we're impressed with both the topics and the tone.
We've long considered Supreme Court elections terribly important, and for reasons beyond the now exaggerated collegiality issues. These people make decisions that affect the lives of every one us. We need out best and brightest on the Court.
Friday's debate will air on WISC TV Sunday morning at 10 a-m, and on TVW Sunday evening at nine. We invite you to tune in and watch how the candidates respond when the citizens are the judges.
- Image copyright 2017 Getty Images. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Surprising facts about Madison you might not know
- Capitol Neighborhoods: The heart of the city
- Regent: An area with unmistakable energy
- Tenney-Lapham: A residential hotspot
- Marquette: One of the nations '10 Great Neighborhoods'