WAISMAN CENTER'S FASHION SHOW FOR ALL ABILITIES
Right smack in the middle of its 40th anniversary, the Waisman Center on the University of Wisconsin campus is having a pretty big month. Most of the attention this week is on the Dalai Lama's visit, sponsored by the Center for Investigating Healthy Minds located in the Center. Friday night is the next in the outstanding John D. Wiley Seminar Series presenting cutting edge research on issues regarding the human brain.
But this Friday is also the annual Fashion Show for All Abilities put on by Community Outreach Wisconsin at Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center. As the name implies, the event is a fashion show. But it's also a community awareness event, "promoting accessibility and calling for respect and courtesy to all persons in the community, and especially in a retail setting." Hundreds of store managers, salespeople, stylists, artists and others have collaborated to promote inclusion and change attitudes. Like we said, the Waisman Center's having a big month.
- Image copyright 2017 Getty Images. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Surprising facts about Madison you might not know
- Capitol Neighborhoods: The heart of the city
- Regent: An area with unmistakable energy
- Tenney-Lapham: A residential hotspot
- Marquette: One of the nations '10 Great Neighborhoods'