Not that we would ever pass up an opportunity to use one of our editorials to encourage voters to turn out for an election, but the typical low profile of Spring elections demands that we do what we can to attract attention to Tuesday's election.
Certainly the races on the ballot can't be blamed for voter apathy. We consider seats on the Wisconsin Supreme Court and the Madison School Board to be among the most influential positions affecting the lives of most Madisonians. The same is true of other local, municipal races to say nothing of State Superintendent of Public Instruction. And Dane County voters have a referendum on preserving same day voting on the ballot…a referendum we hope you'll approve.
So, do your duty, be a good citizen, participate in democracy. Make your voice heard. Vote.
- Image copyright 2017 Getty Images. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Surprising facts about Madison you might not know
- Capitol Neighborhoods: The heart of the city
- Regent: An area with unmistakable energy
- Tenney-Lapham: A residential hotspot
- Marquette: One of the nations '10 Great Neighborhoods'