TOWARDS ENDING HOMELESSNESS
We were thinking about people for whom we are thankful this holiday, folks who work to make our community better for everybody, and lo and behold at a taping of this week's For The Record we found four more.
The issue of homelessness has gotten a lot of attention lately, and even though it should get a lot of attention all the time this particular attention has not always been helpful. We have sometimes lost focus on who these people are and what it's like to be in their shoes and what kind of help they need.
Well, Madison Mayor Paul Soglin and Porchlight Executive Director Steve Schooler and United Way of Dane County VP Deedra Atkinson and Tenant Resource Center Executive Director Brenda Konkel shared their work and their ideas and their commitment at the taping and we came away convinced they and others can solve this problem in the city's best interests and with respect for all involved. How many communities can say that? We're thankful we live in one that can.
- Image copyright 2017 Getty Images. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Surprising facts about Madison you might not know
- Capitol Neighborhoods: The heart of the city
- Regent: An area with unmistakable energy
- Tenney-Lapham: A residential hotspot
- Marquette: One of the nations '10 Great Neighborhoods'