One person who got a look at the new Madison Magazine out this week highlighting the local tech sector remarked it was like discovering a whole new city within Madison. The rapidly growing concentration of makers, creators, thinkers and entrepreneurs is probably a little short of city-status…but it's getting close.
We draw your attention not just to the November issue of Madison Magazine however, but to the day-long celebration of the impact the information technology sectors and its related eco-system of support services is having on our city. From a Thursday morning breakfast with Austin tech star Hugh Forrest to a bus "crawl" of Madison start-ups, to an evening reception at the Majestic, a couple hundred people will show how big this whole idea is, and more important how big it could be. The day will highlight the people making the tech boom happen and the places where it is happening.
We believe this is a glimpse of our future as it is unfolding right now and we welcome the opportunity to highlight it.
- Image copyright 2017 Getty Images. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Surprising facts about Madison you might not know
- Capitol Neighborhoods: The heart of the city
- Regent: An area with unmistakable energy
- Tenney-Lapham: A residential hotspot
- Marquette: One of the nations '10 Great Neighborhoods'