TALK TO SUPERINTENDENT CHEATHAM
Newly hired Madison School Superintendent Jen Cheatham stopped by to meet with our editorial board recently and she made a very favorable first impression. Less then two weeks into the job she'd visited an impressive number of schools, talked to a bunch of folks and done her homework enough to answer our questions with candor and, we believe, honesty. We'll have more to report on the meeting, and we look forward to getting to know her better. But the purpose of this editorial is to make you aware of your opportunity to meet Cheatham and decide for yourself.
The first of four community listening sessions is scheduled for this Thursday at East High, followed by three Thursdays in May at the other three Madison high schools. The sessions are billed as conversations and we think that's what you'll find. It's your opportunity to tell Cheatham what you think of our schools and the challenges ahead. We urge you to take advantage of this opportunity. We think you'll be impressed too.
- Image copyright 2017 Getty Images. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Surprising facts about Madison you might not know
- Capitol Neighborhoods: The heart of the city
- Regent: An area with unmistakable energy
- Tenney-Lapham: A residential hotspot
- Marquette: One of the nations '10 Great Neighborhoods'