Safe Harbor Child Advocacy Center is one of Dane County's most important resources for children, sadly – but absolutely necessarily – because it is there when a child needs it most, after being a victim or witness to abuse. It is a place where a child can go to be interviewed, hopefully just once, in a safe, comfortable, nurturing environment. The staff at Safe Harbor are highly trained, compassionate and committed to helping children through times we would never want any child to go through.
As important as it is however, Safe Harbor is not a state, county or city agency. It is funded by donations and grants. And that's what makes two upcoming events so important. This Saturday's 10th Annual Ron Boylan Ride to Benefit Safe Harbor, and the Labor Day weekend's Labor Day Dash supporting the Safe Harbor Child Advocacy Center are critical fund raising events. The Ride is a 100 mile motorcycle ride coordinated by the Dane County Sheriff's office. The run/walk/tot trot is just a fun outing at Vilas Park. Visit the Safe Harbor website for registration information. Join us in supporting Safe Harbor.
- Image copyright 2017 Getty Images. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Surprising facts about Madison you might not know
- Capitol Neighborhoods: The heart of the city
- Regent: An area with unmistakable energy
- Tenney-Lapham: A residential hotspot
- Marquette: One of the nations '10 Great Neighborhoods'