For 17 years the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure has raised money and awareness of breast cancer.
But of course, most important of all, it has raised hope. This celebration of living with breast cancer, of the triumph of surviving and living with breast cancer, is a total community offering of support.
With 75 percent of the proceeds going to South Central Wisconsin non-profit service providers, the annual race provides education, outreach, screening and more to our families, our neighbors, our co-workers and our friends.
The race is this weekend, and WISC TV and Madison Magazine are once again among the sponsors, a source of pride in this building. Like all of you, our workplace family has been touched by breast cancer and we've been inspired by the survivors among us.
So we'll be there and invite you to join us. You can find registration information at www.komensouthcentralwi.org.
- Image copyright 2017 Getty Images. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Surprising facts about Madison you might not know
- Capitol Neighborhoods: The heart of the city
- Regent: An area with unmistakable energy
- Tenney-Lapham: A residential hotspot
- Marquette: One of the nations '10 Great Neighborhoods'