MADISON, Wis. - We consider the Madison Schools referendum question on next month's election ballots to be extremely important.
We will offer our opinion on the question after meeting with school officials next week, and we'll have Superintendent Jennifer Cheatham and a school board member on "For The Record" in a couple of weeks as well. It's important all of our votes are informed votes.
To that end, we bring to your attention two informational sessions the district is hosting that will include both presentations on the request by the district to permanently exceed state-imposed spending limits, and a question-and-answer session.
The first is Thursday at La Follette High School, and the second is Oct. 27 at Memorial High School.
Like all of you, we are balancing the needs against the costs. But we believe the health of our schools and the welfare of our kids hang in the balance. Let's get ready to make a good decision.
- Image copyright 2017 Getty Images. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Surprising facts about Madison you might not know
- Capitol Neighborhoods: The heart of the city
- Regent: An area with unmistakable energy
- Tenney-Lapham: A residential hotspot
- Marquette: One of the nations '10 Great Neighborhoods'