MADISON, Wis. - We consider the Madison Schools referendum question on next month's election ballots to be extremely important.
We will offer our opinion on the question after meeting with school officials next week, and we'll have Superintendent Jennifer Cheatham and a school board member on "For The Record" in a couple of weeks as well. It's important all of our votes are informed votes.
To that end, we bring to your attention two informational sessions the district is hosting that will include both presentations on the request by the district to permanently exceed state-imposed spending limits, and a question-and-answer session.
The first is Thursday at La Follette High School, and the second is Oct. 27 at Memorial High School.
Like all of you, we are balancing the needs against the costs. But we believe the health of our schools and the welfare of our kids hang in the balance. Let's get ready to make a good decision.
- Big Idea: Using plant leaves as scaffolding to grow human cells
- Big Idea: Harnessing technology to combat loneliness and addiction
- Big Idea: Helping lactating women through a discovery in dairy cows
- Big Idea: Traveling in a tube at the speed of sound
- Big Idea: Measuring the dark matter that surrounds us