PREPARE TO RUN
Yes, we're a little reluctant to bring this up, but the next round of elections will be here before you know it. The good news is they're likely to be somewhat less contentious than the last round. More important they're elections for city council and school board, the stuff that really means something to us and our families and the places we live.
Unlike the state legislature which rigs the system in favor of non-competitive races, local elections are still about ideas and personal experiences. And we very much hope some of you will consider running for these public service posts. In an especially classy move, three current Madison city council members are holding an open house Sunday afternoon at the Pinney Library Branch. Lauren Cnare, Jill Johnson and Larry Palm will answer your questions and give you information about how to run and what it's like to serve. We appreciate their civic spirit and generosity. Now, get ready to run.
- Image copyright 2017 Getty Images. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Surprising facts about Madison you might not know
- Capitol Neighborhoods: The heart of the city
- Regent: An area with unmistakable energy
- Tenney-Lapham: A residential hotspot
- Marquette: One of the nations '10 Great Neighborhoods'