PARTNERING FOR A CURE FOR 16 YEARS
WISC TV and Madison Magazine have partnered with Susan G. Komen's South Central Wisconsin Affiliate for every one of the 16 years of the Komen Race For The Cure. It is a partnership in which we all take great pride.
That pride is rooted in part in the impact Komen For The Cure has had and continues to have on breast health and breast cancer education, screening, treatment and support programs. There are more numbers than we can quote, but two stand out: four million, nine hundred thousand – the number of dollars awarded to grant recipients, researchers and Well Woman programs, and two-point-nine Million – the number of women and men surviving breast cancer today.
Included in those numbers are the hundreds of thousands of women and men and their families – especially uninsured or low resource populations – who have received assistance, care and support. We congratulate Susan G. Komen South Central Wisconsin on 16 years of seeking the cure and on its commitment to how ever many years before that cure is inevitably found.
- Image copyright 2017 Getty Images. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Surprising facts about Madison you might not know
- Capitol Neighborhoods: The heart of the city
- Regent: An area with unmistakable energy
- Tenney-Lapham: A residential hotspot
- Marquette: One of the nations '10 Great Neighborhoods'