MOVING WISCONSIN FORWARD FASTER
One of the challenges of the current political environment is to sort through all the partisan nonsense and find actual movement in support of Wisconsin's economy and the workers and families it includes. That very thing happened a few weeks ago and it deserves attention.
The Wisconsin Legislature, both Assembly and Senate, passed near unanimously, bills supporting workforce development. The legislation, requested by Governor Walker, provided funds for worker training grants, a new Office of Skills Development, and a Labor Market Information System. All three were recommendations from Competitive Wisconsin's Be Bold 2 Report on Wisconsin economic growth strategies. Competitive Wisconsin's ability to craft sound policies that are capable of winning bi-partisan support is not lost on us. Their thoughtful influence on economic recovery and growth in this state is welcome.
- Image copyright 2017 Getty Images. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Surprising facts about Madison you might not know
- Capitol Neighborhoods: The heart of the city
- Regent: An area with unmistakable energy
- Tenney-Lapham: A residential hotspot
- Marquette: One of the nations '10 Great Neighborhoods'