Mayor Paul Soglin's affordable housing plan is a very welcome and needed addition to the Housing First initiative underway in this community. And while it is first and foremost a response to poverty and income inequity it's not a stretch to foresee an impact on racial disparities as well.
- Image copyright 2017 Getty Images. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Surprising facts about Madison you might not know
- Capitol Neighborhoods: The heart of the city
- Regent: An area with unmistakable energy
- Tenney-Lapham: A residential hotspot
- Marquette: One of the nations '10 Great Neighborhoods'