We've got to give a shout out to the good folks at the Wisconsin School Music Association and in particular Launchpad director Dennis Graham for once again making a career in music…or at least a lifelong appreciation of music…within reach of young people. Let's face it, music is what often speaks to kids, in ways other academic topics might not. Often it is music that gives a young person the confidence that comes with appreciating something and having some success at something. Connecting music to schools is just plain smart.
One of Launchpads' programs is Music Biz Day, an opportunity for students to hear from professionals on all aspects of the business from playing to recording to publishing and contracts. There are a lot of partners involved including Full Compass where the day-long event will be held this Saturday, and best of all admission is free and lunch is included. You do need to register and you do that at www.LaunchpadWisconsin.org. And credit to Graham and the Wisconsin School Music Association for making this great day happen.
- Image copyright 2017 Getty Images. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Surprising facts about Madison you might not know
- Capitol Neighborhoods: The heart of the city
- Regent: An area with unmistakable energy
- Tenney-Lapham: A residential hotspot
- Marquette: One of the nations '10 Great Neighborhoods'