It's hard to address our elected members of Congress right now with sounding like an angry parent. But our Representatives are acting like children and continuing to prove themselves incapable of even doing their jobs to say nothing of providing leadership worthy of our respect.
We at least understand the Tea Party obstructionists. They were elected to play the role and they don't care what anyone thinks. But so called leaders, like House Speaker John Boehner should be above that. They are not. He is not. And that is what is most disappointing. Together their contempt for anyone not singing from the ultra-right wing, anti-Obama-at-any-cost hymnal, and their indifference to the health of this nation is reprehensible.
If Boehner and those giving him his marching orders are so certain of their positions they should have no trouble putting both the government shutdown and the debt ceiling limit to a vote. That they refuse to do so exposes them for the hypocrites they are.
- Image copyright 2017 Getty Images. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Surprising facts about Madison you might not know
- Capitol Neighborhoods: The heart of the city
- Regent: An area with unmistakable energy
- Tenney-Lapham: A residential hotspot
- Marquette: One of the nations '10 Great Neighborhoods'