This week we begin our annual Koats for Kids Campaign, our 28th year partnering with Klinke Cleaners, the community Action Coalition and Magic98 radio to provide warm winter clothes for children who need them. Over the last 27 years area residents, school children and business have donated more than 280,000 coats. That's a lot of coats. And it's a lot of need. And the need is still great.
The process is simple: bring your gently-warn winter outerwear, non-leather caps, scarves, mittens…that kind of stuff…to any Klinke Cleaners. Klinke will clean the donations free of change and get them to the Community Action Coalition for distribution. The greatest need is for infant and toddler snowsuits and jackets, larger teen jackets, and oversized adult outerwear.
WISC and Magic98 will be updating collection totals daily and area schools will once again take part in the COLLECT-A-COAT CONTEST. Join us. We think this is one of the most important things we do, because every kid should have a coat.
- Image copyright 2017 Getty Images. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Surprising facts about Madison you might not know
- Capitol Neighborhoods: The heart of the city
- Regent: An area with unmistakable energy
- Tenney-Lapham: A residential hotspot
- Marquette: One of the nations '10 Great Neighborhoods'