YMCA'S HEALTHY LIVING SUMMIT
For all of the importance of national discussions of health care perhaps the most effective approach is at the local level. This is especially true when local health care providers collaborate to help a community approach healthy choices from a shared perspective. Thus is this week's Healthy Living Summit. The Summit, to be held this Thursday at the Bishop O'Conner Center here in Madison has a special focus on Childhood Obesity, Health Disparity and Health Literacy. It includes workshops, speakers and dissemination of a community-wide survey.
What appeals to us especially is the list of sponsors. They're all there, all the hospitals, health systems and community organizations like YMCA, American Heart Association and United Way of Dane County. This is about making connections, building new approaches to community health and developing a consensus on how healthy our community really is. We welcome the effort, and invite your participation. The YMCA website looks like a good place to start for information.
- Image copyright 2017 Getty Images. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Surprising facts about Madison you might not know
- Capitol Neighborhoods: The heart of the city
- Regent: An area with unmistakable energy
- Tenney-Lapham: A residential hotspot
- Marquette: One of the nations '10 Great Neighborhoods'