Gilda's Club is, once again, Gilda's Club. After a well-intentioned and understandable – but poorly received – public name change, the Madison chapter of the Cancer Support Community has changed back, once again connecting to the late, beloved actor Gilda Radner.
We supported the name change because we believed it would help with recognition and outreach and accessibility. But really, the name is the least relevant part of what this organization does. By any name, Cancer Support Community and Gilda's Club offer invaluable resources to cancer patients and those close to them to ensure that no one faces cancer alone.
So we support this name change as well, back to Gilda's Club. Whatever helps folks with cancer feel cared for and supported is ok with us. The good work will continue here in Madison and soon beyond and that's what really matters.
- Image copyright 2017 Getty Images. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Surprising facts about Madison you might not know
- Capitol Neighborhoods: The heart of the city
- Regent: An area with unmistakable energy
- Tenney-Lapham: A residential hotspot
- Marquette: One of the nations '10 Great Neighborhoods'