For as much attention as Dane County's lakes and waterways have gotten lately it is still important to emphasize that the future of our region very much depends on the future of the Yahara Watershed. Whether it's water quality or wildlife protection or simple aesthetics, our quality of life in the Greater Madison Region is very much tied to our most prominent natural resource…our watershed.
- Image copyright 2017 Getty Images. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Surprising facts about Madison you might not know
- Capitol Neighborhoods: The heart of the city
- Regent: An area with unmistakable energy
- Tenney-Lapham: A residential hotspot
- Marquette: One of the nations '10 Great Neighborhoods'