EDUCATE TO ELEVATE
For reasons not easily explained, educating our children has become one of this nation's biggest challenges, It seems a little odd that we struggle so hard to help our children prepare for their lives as citizens when public education has been one of this nation's founding principles and great strengths. At any rate, educating our kids requires commitment, resources and, more often all the time, innovation.
Thursday and Friday of this week, the Urban League of Greater Madison is offering a two-day education forum and summit in partnership with the United Way of Dane County, the Madison Metropolitan School District and Planning for Greatness. There are some big name speakers, some highly respected experts and an agenda aimed at stimulating constructive dialogue and action on what Madison can do to close the achievement gap and ensure academic success for all children. The support of the business community is especially impressive. But credit to the Urban League for leading. We invite you to participate in Educate to Elevate.
- Image copyright 2017 Getty Images. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Surprising facts about Madison you might not know
- Capitol Neighborhoods: The heart of the city
- Regent: An area with unmistakable energy
- Tenney-Lapham: A residential hotspot
- Marquette: One of the nations '10 Great Neighborhoods'