WALK TO PREVENT SUICIDE
We got an interesting email from American Foundation for Suicide Prevention trainer Dennis Gates telling us this weekend's adult support group facilitator training classes here in Madison are full. That's a sad testimony to the prevalence of suicide in our lives, but a welcome recognition of the need to proactively work to prevent it. These are folks whose lives have been touched by suicide and who are responding by helping others, which is exactly what so many family members need.
This is all leading up to the Foundation's annual Community Out of the Darkness Walk which is scheduled in Madison for September 16th this year. It's all about shining a light on the fourth leading cause of death in the U.S. among adults, and the second leading cause of death among teens and young adults. We send our appreciation to the volunteers and trainers for their help with this preventable cause of death.
- Image copyright 2017 Getty Images. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Surprising facts about Madison you might not know
- Capitol Neighborhoods: The heart of the city
- Regent: An area with unmistakable energy
- Tenney-Lapham: A residential hotspot
- Marquette: One of the nations '10 Great Neighborhoods'