The annual Ron Boylan Ride to benefit Safe Harbor has got to be one of the most unique fundraisers around. Named for the beloved, late Dane County sheriff's deputy, the Ron Boylan Ride is a 100-mile motorcycle ride that begins at Capital City Harley Davidson and winds its way around Dane County before ending at Quaker Stake and Lube in Middleton.
It's a great time with food, drink, entertainment and gifts. But here's the deal -- it all goes to benefit Safe Harbor, Dane County's safe and friendly place where children who are victims of abuse can talk about what has happened to them so law enforcement just needs to question the child once.
Safe Harbor depends on community support. The Boylan Ride this Saturday is a real enjoyable way to provide that support. You can register on line at: www.safeharborforkids.org.
- Image copyright 2017 Getty Images. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Surprising facts about Madison you might not know
- Capitol Neighborhoods: The heart of the city
- Regent: An area with unmistakable energy
- Tenney-Lapham: A residential hotspot
- Marquette: One of the nations '10 Great Neighborhoods'