The new shelter Domestic Abuse Intervention Services plans to open this summer on Fordem Avenue is a game changer for our community. It is among other things a very strong and public statement that Madison takes domestic violence seriously and will protect and care for victims. The capital campaign currently underway has been impressive in its breadth and while there's still a Million dollars or so to be raised we are confident it will be. But a friend of ours just made us aware of another way to contribute to the success of the new facility and because we thought it might appeal to a fair number of you we want to tell you about it.
John Urban, a pretty creative guy in his own right, is part of an effort to fill the walls of the 18-hundred square foot building with donated art. The friends of DAIS are looking for work that is "uplifting, positive, empowering and inspiring." We love this idea. If you do too we urge you to contact Urban at email@example.com.
- Image copyright 2017 Getty Images. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Surprising facts about Madison you might not know
- Capitol Neighborhoods: The heart of the city
- Regent: An area with unmistakable energy
- Tenney-Lapham: A residential hotspot
- Marquette: One of the nations '10 Great Neighborhoods'