A baby shower is something every baby, and every family, should be so lucky as to have. But because so many families on our community are not that fortunate, we're having a shower for them.
Starting today, WISC TV along with partners Dean Clinic and Today Not Tomorrow Project Babies are collecting baby stuff – new, or gently used items like clothes, diapers, hooded towels, rattles – you get the picture, to get to families who need them. Donations are being accepted at all Dean Clinic locations in Dane County, then Today Not Tomorrow's Project Babies will collect the items, make sure they're good to go, and then distribute them to about 100 pregnant women or parents of babies at the baby shower on October 12th.
You can contact Today Not Tomorrow about getting on the list of families. But please donate to the shower through Friday, August 9th, and help give all our babies in Dane County a healthy start to life.
- Image copyright 2017 Getty Images. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Surprising facts about Madison you might not know
- Capitol Neighborhoods: The heart of the city
- Regent: An area with unmistakable energy
- Tenney-Lapham: A residential hotspot
- Marquette: One of the nations '10 Great Neighborhoods'