We continue our review of this year's editorial agenda with our focus on redistricting reform, and at this point perhaps the best we can say is we've helped further the divide between citizens in this state who know how broken and undemocratic the current system is, and legislative gatekeepers who have dug their heels in still deeper to prevent reform.
In fact we think it is fair say that legislative leaders have gotten bolder and more dismissive of critics and good government advocates by doing everything they can think of to rig the system in favor of re-electing incumbents and increasing their access to campaign cash.
The good news is eventually the citizens will win. Their voices are growing stronger and lawmakers are looking increasingly out of touch, self-serving and greedy. We need to keep it up. And we will.
- Image copyright 2017 Getty Images. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Surprising facts about Madison you might not know
- Capitol Neighborhoods: The heart of the city
- Regent: An area with unmistakable energy
- Tenney-Lapham: A residential hotspot
- Marquette: One of the nations '10 Great Neighborhoods'