There are a few organizations in Madison that we support strongly because of their missions, their visions and how they pursue both. The Charles Hamilton Houston Institute is one of those organizations.
The Charles Hamilton Houston Institute's mission is preparing black and other youth for economic independence by focusing on self-esteem, health, academic achievement, service and more. Through programs like the Youth Empowerment Academy, the STARS program and others, CHHI serves the Black community and strengthens the entire community.
It's rigorous. It's intentional. It works. And its board is made up of some of this community's most respected and successful black leaders. CHHI deserves our support as a community because it makes us better.
Tuesday is the second annual awards luncheon fundraiser featuring the renowned business executive, speaker and educator George Fraser. Fraser's a living example of Charles Hamilton Houston's legacy and is sure to inspire.
We invite you to join us at the Sheraton to support the work of the Charles Hamilton Houston Institute here in Madison. You can call 608-441-1400 for tickets and information.
- Image copyright 2017 Getty Images. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Surprising facts about Madison you might not know
- Capitol Neighborhoods: The heart of the city
- Regent: An area with unmistakable energy
- Tenney-Lapham: A residential hotspot
- Marquette: One of the nations '10 Great Neighborhoods'