One of the more unfortunate results of modern communications strategies and technology is the ability of elected officials, and candidates for elected officer, to avoid answering questions. Too often politicians use their own staffs and paid consultants to deliver the messages they choose to deliver and only those messages. And that's what makes the League of Women Voters Candidates Answers questionnaire and Vote411.org site so valuable and needed.
- Image copyright 2017 Getty Images. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Surprising facts about Madison you might not know
- Capitol Neighborhoods: The heart of the city
- Regent: An area with unmistakable energy
- Tenney-Lapham: A residential hotspot
- Marquette: One of the nations '10 Great Neighborhoods'