The deadline for enrolling for health insurance coverage through the Affordable Care Act is just a little more than a month away. It's time to get going.
After some irritating missteps that we're probably to be expected with a policy change of such historic proportions, health care reform is proceeding rather smoothly. This past week Governor's from both parties at their annual meeting in Washington conceded Obamacare as it's known is not going away. It's even been a few weeks since a Republican in Congress has suggested yet another effort at repealing the law. That pretty much says it all.
Soon we will begin talking about how successful the new health care system is. But for now if you need to sign up you have to get to it. This is especially true for young adults who are most likely to be without health insurance, an estimated 209,000 young adults in Wisconsin. The deadline is March 31st.
Check the web for sign-up help...e4healthwi.org is a good place to start. But don't wait until the last minute.
- Image copyright 2017 Getty Images. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Surprising facts about Madison you might not know
- Capitol Neighborhoods: The heart of the city
- Regent: An area with unmistakable energy
- Tenney-Lapham: A residential hotspot
- Marquette: One of the nations '10 Great Neighborhoods'