Steve "The Homer" True's clever answer to callers to his daily sports talk show asking how he's doing is "living the dream." Well True's life isn't much of a dream today after being seriously injured yesterday morning when his car was struck by an apparent drunk driver. Yes, another drunken driving crash, on a Wisconsin road, at 10 a-m Wednesday morning and another innocent victim.
Yes, we could deliver this editorial almost every day in Wisconsin. But True is part of the family here at WISC TV and TVW, a regular member of the Sidelines TV show panel. But on a personal note, he's also a friend of the Heinen family, plays golf with my brother, knows my folks, helps out at the church some in my family attend. He's a warm, funny, generous, wonderful guy. And we just want any lawmaker who has chosen liquor industry and Tavern League money over tougher drunk driving laws to know that. We also want Homer to know we're pulling for him and a return to living the dream.
- Image copyright 2017 Getty Images. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Surprising facts about Madison you might not know
- Capitol Neighborhoods: The heart of the city
- Regent: An area with unmistakable energy
- Tenney-Lapham: A residential hotspot
- Marquette: One of the nations '10 Great Neighborhoods'