April is Alcohol Awareness Month. Think of this month as not so much raising awareness of alcohol abuse as a contributing factor to the pain and loss suffered by millions of individuals and families, but as awareness of the stigma attached to alcoholism and the barrier to treatment and recovery that represents.
- Image copyright 2017 Getty Images. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Surprising facts about Madison you might not know
- Capitol Neighborhoods: The heart of the city
- Regent: An area with unmistakable energy
- Tenney-Lapham: A residential hotspot
- Marquette: One of the nations '10 Great Neighborhoods'