We've long admired professional golfer Steve Stricker for, among other things, his generous support of youth golf programs in Madison. He's helped kids who might not be able to afford what they need to play the sport and that's great. But Stricker and his wife Nicki stepped it up this week when his Steve Stricker American Family Insurance Foundation announced a gift of fifty thousand dollars to the United Way of Dane County's Healthy Food for all Children initiative.
The gift from Stricker's Foundation, which he established earlier this year, will support United Way's work in promoting access to healthy food for all children and its goal of reducing the number of hungry children in Dane County by half by 2023. This is terribly important work as the number of kids living with food insecurity is truly staggering. Getting fresh, healthy food to these kids is an essential part of preparing our young people to succeed in school and beyond. So once again we find Stricker's generosity inspiring and we thank him for his gift to our community.
- Image copyright 2017 Getty Images. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Surprising facts about Madison you might not know
- Capitol Neighborhoods: The heart of the city
- Regent: An area with unmistakable energy
- Tenney-Lapham: A residential hotspot
- Marquette: One of the nations '10 Great Neighborhoods'