A FAIR DEAL WITH DIRECTV
WISC TV is in the midst of contract negotiations with DirecTV on a fair price for carrying WISC's programming, and there's a chance that programming will no longer be available on DirecTV as early as midnight Monday. We don't want that to happen. And because our editorial policy here at WISC has always included our responsibility to provide you with the information you need to make good decisions about your life here in our community we think this rises to the level of editorial comment.
Very simply WISC wants an agreement with DirecTV that is consistent with the agreements it has with every other cable and satellite provider. WISC believes that is only fair to each party involved. Like other providers, DirecTV re-sells our programming to you. We ask only for fair compensation for that programming. WISC invests that money here, locally, in the communities we serve.
It appears DirecTV is not interested in negotiating with WISC. If you are a DirecTV subscriber and would like to contact them you can find information on Channel3000.com.
- Image copyright 2017 Getty Images. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Surprising facts about Madison you might not know
- Capitol Neighborhoods: The heart of the city
- Regent: An area with unmistakable energy
- Tenney-Lapham: A residential hotspot
- Marquette: One of the nations '10 Great Neighborhoods'