A "CAN DO" DAY
It's impossible to do justice to a day like Thursday in one editorial. Here's what happened today: Zach Brandon was introduced as the new president of the Greater Madison Chamber of Commerce, ground was broken for the remodeling and redevelopment of the Edgewater Hotel, and 900 people celebrated United Way of Dane County exceeding its 17-point-five Million dollar annual campaign goal.
More on the first two in our next editorials. But for now, our congratulations and gratitude to campaign chair Nick Meriggioli, all the loaded executives, businesses like Oscar Mayer, Zimbrick and American Family who really stepped up their games, and especially all of you who contributed, and made it possible to exceed that ambitious goal. You made a good choice. United Way will not let you down.
But to sum it all up we turn to UW Chancellor David Ward who called the Edgewater groundbreaking potential evidence of a new "can do" spirit in Greater Madison. Well, Thursday was certainly a "can do" day.
- Image copyright 2017 Getty Images. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Surprising facts about Madison you might not know
- Capitol Neighborhoods: The heart of the city
- Regent: An area with unmistakable energy
- Tenney-Lapham: A residential hotspot
- Marquette: One of the nations '10 Great Neighborhoods'