20 YEARS OF ACHIEVMENT BY YOUNG JOURNALISTS
Here's a delicious bit of irony; in the midst of a seemingly irreversible decline in revenue and readership for newspapers, the Simpson Street Free Press this week celebrates its 20th anniversary. Journalism lives. And the young journalists of the Simpson Street Free Press are the future.
It's not been an easy journey to be sure. The Free Press wages a constant battle to find enough to survive. But it does thanks to the tenaciousness of its staff and volunteers, the generosity of its supporters and the sheer quality of the work turned out by its student reporters and editors. And here's another, even more important measure of success: the accomplishments of the talented, focused, great kids for whom the Free Press was both a part of their education and a launching pad to self confidence and achievement.
There are many people who deserve credit. Too many to mention. We tip our hat to all of them.
- Image copyright 2017 Getty Images. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Surprising facts about Madison you might not know
- Capitol Neighborhoods: The heart of the city
- Regent: An area with unmistakable energy
- Tenney-Lapham: A residential hotspot
- Marquette: One of the nations '10 Great Neighborhoods'