There are so many styles available now—do you go for a kicky short Western bootie, or an OTK (that's over the knee for fashion neophytes) version? (Or both? Hey, I don't blame you). But for chilly temps, I think every woman needs a great flat, sturdy knee-high boot in black or brown leather to walk all over Madison winters. The practical Midwesterner in me loves that they keep my legs warm(er) and slips are less likely to happen with a durable rubber sole. Be sure to give your boots some TLC and treat them before bad weather hits with a leather protectant spray to prevent damage.
A blanket scarf
Go big or go home. Larger than a regular scarf, a blanket version is super chic and can be worn indoors as part of an outfit and outdoors for arctic temps. I like the extra protection against cold winds that a blanket scarf lends when tucked into my winter coat.
A signature coat
Well, yeah. But blend fashion and function in your outerwear by choosing a topper that's in a happy hue, faux fur or even patchwork for a 2016 update. Another cool (we had to) choice is Maison Scotch's coat in a crisp, chic shade of cream. It's everything great about winter in one package—unexpected color, cuddle factor and warmth.
- MPD: Car hit with gunfire, no injuries reported in west side shooting
- Criminal charges being considered against student who posted threatening picture
- Officials believe only one fatal batch of nacho cheese made in Wisconsin
- Former village employee arrested on water meter tampering, theft charges
- Clarke says plagiarism charge could cost him DHS position
- Colony Brands closes Madison location; More than 100 lose jobs
- 9 months after fatal crash, driver charged with felony
- Darlington officer spooks masked men, thwarts theft of UTV, police say
- Janesville school board looks to revise policy, boost attendance
- Local venues talk security after Britain attack
- Federal budget proposal would slow cancer research
- Milwaukee man charged in Appleton police shooting incident