Too often, dreary décor at Indian restaurants begs a carryout. Not so at Swad, where the interior is bright, airy and welcoming. "Swad" means "tasty" in Sanskrit—and that the food is. Old standards like saag paneer, chicken tikka masala and numerous tandoor-baked breads all excel. The vegetarian platter with pakoras, potato patties and samosas is deep-fried nirvana. More exotic fare, like goat curries, Manchurian-style calamari and sublime homemade mango ice cream, is exceptional as well. Meatless options abound and, of course, there is a luncheon buffet. Whether you eat in or takeaway, Swad provides an attractive dining experience.
6007 Monona Dr. 819-6950, swadmonona.com
Showcase a touch of green while wearing the latest spring fashion trends.Read More »
- Big-City Style at McFee on Main
- Well Suited: Fine Line Custom Attire
- These woman clothing store finalists have raving reviews
- Curate your dream space at Brown & Beam
- American Provenance makes awesome apothecary