According to Realtor.org, people are no longer waiting for marriage to buy a house.
Realtor.org, citing a Los Angeles Times article, says homebuyers in younger generations are now made up of single homeowners, same-sex partners and even roommates who are buying a house together instead of renting.
Some couples are also buying a house before they said "I do." According to Realtor.org, some couples are opting to put the money they would have spent on a large wedding into a down payment on a home instead.
According to the Los Angeles Times article, some single professionals are opting to secure their financial and residential future before their romantic future. While they wait and see if they will end up getting married, they are buying property on their own.
- Trix with artificial flavors coming back after customer complaints
- Gene editing of human embryos in UK reveals fertility clue
- Hey, latte fans: Maple is having a moment
- Ryanair offers pilots major cash to keep flying
- Melania Trump to tend the White House garden Friday
- Convenient airports: Europe's best and worst in 2017