By Dan Curd
It was a gradual transition from serving lunch at Bon Appetit Cafe to taking over the premises. Much has changed. Chez Nanou is bright and cheery and the food quintessentially and sublimely French. Anne-Marie "Nanou" Rieunier is a practitioner of cuisine bourgeoise: home cooking. She specializes in crepes both sweet and savory and a handful of other classics including croque-monsieur and salade nicoise; weekly specials are alluring at both lunch and dinner. Non-fussy desserts like lavender creme brulee and lemon curd tart are magnifique!
805 Williamson St.
Read more Madison Magazine stories about local restaurants here.
- Delta expects 'relatively normal' schedule
- American Airlines offering its pilots and flight attendants a raise
- United reaches settlement with passenger dragged off plane
- Southwest Airlines: We won't overbook anymore
- Johnny Depp turns up at Disneyland as Capt. Jack Sparrow (and fans lose it)
- Twin lion cubs born at Dane County zoo to debut next month