This is a beautiful colorful light salad with a wonderful cranberry dressing.
- 8 cups salad greens
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup reduced fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup pomegranate arils
- 1 cup fresh orange sections
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- dash salt
On individual salad plates, arrange salad greens, walnuts, feta cheese, pomegranate arils, and orange sections. Set aside.
In a small food processor, combine dressing ingredients. Process until well blended. Taste and adjust sweetness and seasoning to taste.
When ready to serve, drizzle dressing on top of salads.
Nutritional information per serving:
Fat, gm.: 10
Protein, gm.: 4
Carbs, gm.: 10
Cholesterol, mg.: 0
Fiber, gm.: 1.9
- Counseling program for gun violence expands in Milwaukee
- Madison mayor proposes task force to encourage hip-hop scene
- Teen wants to be guardian of sister after both parents die
- How to find the right Realtor for you
- U.S. opens door to non-stop flights from Kenya
- Has my pilot had too much to drink? It depends where you fly