This is the perfect refreshing dessert. Add some extra green coloring for a St. Patrick's Day treat.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 4 ounces Neufchatel cheese, divided
- 3/4 cup lime juice,* divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 6 ounces vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 envelope (7 grams) Knox gelatin powder
- 2 tablespoons lime zest, divided
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a food processor, combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and 1 tablespoon cream cheese. Process until smooth. Press into a 9 inch pie pan. Bake for 8 - 10 minutes or just until beginning to brown. Remove from oven and cool to room temperature.
Clean out food processor. Add remaining cream cheese, condensed milk, yogurt, and vanilla. Process until smooth.
In a custard cup combine 1/4 cup of lime juice and gelatin powder. Let set for 1 minute until gelatin softens. Place in microwave for 20 - 30 seconds. Stir until gelatin is dissolved. Pour into food processor and mix well until very smooth. Add remaining lime juice and stir until well mixed.Add1/2 of the lime zest and stir to mix. Pour mixture into pie pan. Sprinkle with remaining lime zest. Cover and refrigerate several hours or until set.
*Fresh lime juice can be used but it is easier to use a good quality bottled lime juice. There is very little taste difference.
Nutritional Information per serving:
- Calories: 260
- Fat, gm.: 6
- Protein, gm.: 7
- Carbs, gm.: 44
- Cholesterol, mg.: 20
- Fiber, gm.: 0.5
- Delta expects 'relatively normal' schedule
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- American Airlines investigates after video shows mom in tears
- After 67 years, Fennimore tavern serves its final round
- United Airlines CEO Oscar Munoz won't be promoted to chairman
- Air marshal leaves gun in airplane bathroom