Make your cranberry sauce special with a fresh pear and some secret ingredients.
- 12 ounces (4 cups) fresh cranberries
- 1 large fresh pear, cored, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup sugar-free apricot preserves
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
In a medium sized saucepan, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil over medium heat while stirring. Continue to boil gently, stirring frequently, for about 15 minutes or until cranberries have popped. Taste sauce and add additional sugar or Splenda to taste.
Place in serving dish. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. The sauce can be served cold, room temperature, or warm.
Nutritional information per serving:
Fat, gm.: 0
Protein, gm.: 0
Carbs, gm.: 13
Cholesterol, mg.: 0
Fiber, gm.: 1.5
- Delta expects 'relatively normal' schedule
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Cops: Ex-soldier kills her service dog while her boyfriend videotapes
- Alcohol use among senior citizens on the rise
- Amazon's $200 Echo Look will judge your outfits
- Hilton to hire another 20,000 veterans and their families