This coleslaw has a tangy-sweet dressing. It will keep for more than a week in the refrigerator, getting better with age.
- 8 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds, optional
In a large bowl, combine cabbage, carrots, and onions.
In a small saucepan, combine vinegar, oil, sugar, dry mustard, and celery salt. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute. Add Dijon mustard and mix with an immersion blender. Add celery seeds if desired. Pour boiling mixture over cabbage mixture. Toss to mix well. Spoon into large zip lock bag.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Serves 8 Nutritional information per serving:
Fat, gm.: 3
Protein, gm.: 1
Carb, gm: 20
- Delta expects 'relatively normal' schedule
- Malaysia Airlines CEO attempts 'greatest turnaround'
- Homeless girls bond in Girl Scout Troop 6000
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- American Airlines investigates after video shows mom in tears
- After 67 years, Fennimore tavern serves its final round