This coleslaw has a tangy-sweet dressing. It will keep for more than a week in the refrigerator, getting better with age.
- 8 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds, optional
In a large bowl, combine cabbage, carrots, and onions.
In a small saucepan, combine vinegar, oil, sugar, dry mustard, and celery salt. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 1 minute. Add Dijon mustard and mix with an immersion blender. Add celery seeds if desired. Pour boiling mixture over cabbage mixture. Toss to mix well. Spoon into large zip lock bag.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Serves 8 Nutritional information per serving:
Fat, gm.: 3
Protein, gm.: 1
Carb, gm: 20
- Delta expects 'relatively normal' schedule
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in state
- Apple-raspberry vinaigrette
- 'I could not even dream': What it's like to be gay in North Korea
- China's first big jetliner clears final hurdle before flying