This is a wonderful quick bread. It has a lovely brown crust and a subtle sweet flavor.
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup evaporated fat free milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup sugar free orange marmalade or apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter one 9" by 5" loaf pan or five small 4" by 3" baking pans.
In a large bowl, combine eggs, milk, sugar, salt, baking powder, and vanilla. Beat well.
In a small sauce pan melt butter and add orange marmalade. Heat, while stirring, until marmalade has melted. Pour mixture into mixing bowl. Beat well. Add orange zest and flour. Beat just until blended. Stir in nuts.
Pour into baking pan(s). Bake 45 - 55 minutes if using large pan and 30 - 35 minutes if using small pans. Bake until lightly brown and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Do not over bake. Remove from pan and cool on a rack.
Nutritional Information per serving:
- Calories: 175
- Fat, gm.: 7
- Protein, gm.: 3
- Carbs, gm.: 25
- Cholesterol, mg.: 35
- Fiber, gm.: 0.2
- Delta expects 'relatively normal' schedule
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- American Airlines investigates after video shows mom in tears
- After 67 years, Fennimore tavern serves its final round
- United Airlines CEO Oscar Munoz won't be promoted to chairman
- Air marshal leaves gun in airplane bathroom