In 1973, WISC – TV 3 sponsored a recipe contest for dairy dessert pies. This was a winning recipe created by Mary Sincock who lived in Dodgeville, Wisconsin.
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup fat-free milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 fresh lemon, cut into thin slices or twists
- 1/2 cup whipped cream, optional
Preheat oven to 375 degree. In a 9 inch pie pan, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Using a fork, mix well. Press firmly in bottom of pan. Bake for 8 minutes. Remove from oven and cool to room temperature.
In a heavy, medium sized saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. In a small bowl beat milk and egg yolks together. Pour into saucepan gradually while stirring. Add butter and lemon juice. Cook over medium heat, while stirring constantly, just until mixture come to a boil and thickens. Remove from heat. (Do not continue to boil or mixture will curdle.)
Stir in lemon zest. Cool to room temperature. Fold in sour cream. Pour into graham cracker crust. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Garnish with lemon slices and whipped cream if desired.
Nutritional information per serving:
Fat, gm.: 13
Protein, gm.: 4
Carbs, gm.: 37
Cholesterol, mg.: 90
Fiber, gm.: 0.4
- Kraft Heinz pulls plug on massive Unilever bid
- Mobile app made in Wisconsin aims to empower women
- Wrinkle creams: Your guide to younger looking skin
- Brewery gives time off for new puppy parents
- Whoopi Goldberg offers to sit with Tiffany Trump at Fashion Week after reports of snub
- Kielbasa and potato soup