This vegetable is so good that you might think it is dessert.
- 3 large sweet potatoes (about 2 pounds) sweet potatoes
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Splenda or additional sugar
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine cut in thin pieces
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 7 x 11 inch baking pan.
Cut sweet potatoes in half and boil in a large saucepan of boiling water just until tender. Drain and cut into 1/2 inch cubes. Arrange in bottom of baking pan. Arrange thinly sliced apple pieces on top of sweet potatoes. Sprinkle with dried cranberries.
In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, Splenda, flour, cinnamon, and salt. Add butter. Using a knife or pastry cutter, cut butter into dry mixture. Sprinkle evenly over potatoes and apples. Bake for 45 - 50 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is lightly brown.
Nutritional Information per serving:
Calories: 215 Fat, gm.: 6 Protein, gm.: 2 Carbs, gm.: 38 Cholesterol, mg.: 15 Fiber, gm.: 3.6
- Delta expects 'relatively normal' schedule
- Homeless girls bond in Girl Scout Troop 6000
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- American Airlines investigates after video shows mom in tears
- After 67 years, Fennimore tavern serves its final round
- United Airlines CEO Oscar Munoz won't be promoted to chairman