The maple syrup in the marinade gives the salmon an amazing flavor.
16 ounces salmon fillet
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- dash salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
Cut salmon into 4 individual fillets. Place in a large plastic zip lock bag.
In a small bowl, combine maple syrup, soy sauce, garlic powder, pepper, and salt. Mix well and pour into bag with the salmon. Close bag and refrigerate 30 - 60 minutes.
When ready to serve, heat oil in a medium non-stick skillet. Remove salmon from marinade and reserve marinade. Place salmon in skillet. Cook salmon over medium heat until brown on both sides of each piece and it is cooked to desired doneness. Watch carefully to prevent burning.
Pour reserved maple syrup marinade in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and boil for 1 minute. Pour into a small serving dish and serve it on the side at the table.
Nutritional Information per serving:
• Calories: 225
• Fat, gm.: 7
• Protein, gm.: 23
• Carbs, gm.: 18
• Cholesterol, mg.: 60
• Fiber, gm.: 0
- Delta expects 'relatively normal' schedule
- Homeless girls bond in Girl Scout Troop 6000
- Arcadia embraces Hispanic population amid immigration talks
- American Airlines investigates after video shows mom in tears
- After 67 years, Fennimore tavern serves its final round
- United Airlines CEO Oscar Munoz won't be promoted to chairman